Health Brown eyes linked to higher chance of SAD

10:31  05 may  2018
10:31  05 may  2018 Source:   prima.co.uk

Alton Brown’s Crispy Oven Chicken Wings Will Make You Ditch the Fryer

  Alton Brown’s Crispy Oven Chicken Wings Will Make You Ditch the Fryer Alton Brown shares his step-by-step method to ensure crispy, perfect wings every single time.If you’re making them at home,  Alton Brown shares his step-by-step method to ensure crispy, perfect wings every single time. You won’t even need a deep fryer;  his fool proof recipe uses the oven.

People with blue eyes have a higher chance of becoming alcoholics, a new study finds. In fact, light-coloured eyes in general — whether green, grey or brown — are more strongly linked to alcoholism.

People with light-colored eyes -- which researchers defined as blue, green, gray, or with brown in the center -- may have a greater chance of becoming dependent on alcohol, a new study from the People with blue eyes had the highest rates of alcohol dependence, according to the study.

According to new research, women with brown eyes have a higher chance of developing seasonal affective disorder (SAD).: Brown eyes linked to higher chance of SAD © Rocky89 - Getty Images Brown eyes linked to higher chance of SAD They say your eyes are the window to your soul, but we never imagined that the colour of your peepers could tell you so much about your mental health...

Until now, because new research has just revealed that those of us with brown eyes are much more likely to suffer from a common mood condition: seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

The NHS defines SAD as a type of depression that comes and goes in a seasonal pattern. Sufferers tend to experience symptoms, including lethargy and a persistent low mood, in the autumn and winter, when they days are shorter.

Bullied for how he looks, boy adopts a special cat who shares his differences

  Bullied for how he looks, boy adopts a special cat who shares his differences <p>It was pure magic when Madden Humphreys meet Moon. "Spreading awareness about craniofacial differences and bullying is absolutely incredible," says Madden's mom.</p>Madden, 7, was born with a bilateral cleft lip and palate. In addition to having a scar from repair surgeries, he has heterochromia iridium, which means his eyes are two different colors.

There are several factors that have been linked to macular degeneration (MD), these include eye color. MD is more common in people with blue and green eyes [5]. This means that if you have blue eyes then you have a higher chance of developing MD than someone with brown eyes .

for eye color are linked in some way to those controlling skin color, but the short So there may be some truth to the poetic cliché of " sad brown eyes ". the life there brings about a higher incidence of SAD . be useful in farther-away parts of the world or not, it just hasn't had the chance .

Their SAD will usually improve or disappear once the spring arrives.

Also watch: A guide to Seasonal Affective Disorder (Provided by Wochit News)

The team, who presented their work at The British Psychological Society's conference in Nottingham earlier today (3 May), studied 175 participants to determine the extent to which their mood varied with the seasons.

And they found that the mood of participants with brown eyes varied significantly more than that of those with lighter eyes.

The scientists believe this is all down to the amount of light entering our brains...

Changes In These 6 Body Parts May Indicate Health Problems

  Changes In These 6 Body Parts May Indicate Health Problems Even though they seem unrelated, the condition of your hair may indicate how well your thyroid gland is working. Here are some other ways your body points out health issues. Our external body parts may be sending us important signals about our health. Often, mere changes in color, shape or texture in certain body parts could be signs of an underlying medical issue that should be addressed.

Here's the link with your answer: How Blue Eyed Parents Can Have Brown Eyed Children. So, there's a 25% chance that this offspring would have blue eyes and 75% chance for brown /green. Take a look at these two examples

Sponsors. Links . For example, a brown eyed person from Germany will have a higher chance of carrying a b than will a brown eyed person from Vietnam.

  Brown eyes linked to higher chance of SAD © Provided by Shutterstock 'We know that light entering the brain causes a decrease in levels of melatonin,' said study co-author Professor Lance Workman.

'As blue eyes allow more light into the brain, it may be that this leads to a greater reduction in melatonin during the day and this is why people with lighter eyes are less prone to SAD.'

Who could have guessed that brown eyes would give you the blues?

If you're worried that you may be suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder, speak to your GP.

Also see: 13 must-know things about Seasonal Affective Disorder (provided by Eat This, Not That!)

13 Must-Know Things About Seasonal Affective Disorder: By Kristen FischerAlong with autumn’s savory fall produce and brightly colored leaves, also comes shorter days. Is the lack of sunlight giving you the blues, or is it something more serious like seasonal depression? Find out, here, plus other must-know facts about SAD.Love the crisp autumn air but hate how you depressed you feel when the sun begins to set while you’re still at the office? You may have Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), or seasonal depression, a type of depression triggered by seasonal light changes. In most cases, symptoms begin during late fall or early winter and start to fade away as the days become longer during spring. However, some people get SAD in spring or summer—it’s just less common. Either way, symptoms include loss of interest in things that you once enjoyed, lack of energy, sadness, feelings of hopeless, difficulty concentrating, a strong desire to sleep, or changes in appetite or weight. Thankfully though, the condition can be treated.“It really is a manageable thing,” Dr. Janis Louise Anderson, an associate psychologist at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, says of the condition.You may have heard about light therapy, or phototherapy, as a popular treatment for SAD. Psychotherapy, medications, and lifestyle changes can also help. There are many things, however, that you may not know about this type of depression, especially when it comes to how it affects your weight. To help you make more informed decisions about your health and weight maintenance strategies, we gathered some must-know information about SAD that everyone should know before the darker days of autumn arrive. Read on to get in the know—and don’t miss these 30 Ways to Be Happier to stay healthy and optimistic year round. 13 Must-Know Things About Seasonal Affective Disorder

For more of the most popular News, Sport, Lifestyle & Entertainment on MSN, Follow us on Facebook, and on Twitter

You’ll Never Guess Why Beer Bottles Are Brown .
<p>Find out why beer bottles are usually brown, and why some beer experts swear by drinking brews stored in cans.</p>Since the explosion of the craft beer market, you can now walk into any store that sells brews and have dozens of options for what to drink. Whether you reach for a dark lager or a hoppy IPA, the one thing all beer drinkers are bound to notice is that most brews come in brown bottles.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!