Canada Elderly couple dead after high levels of carbon monoxide found in Etobicoke home

08:05  02 october  2017
08:05  02 october  2017 Source:   Toronto Star

Woman charged after boy, 4, left in hot car dies

  Woman charged after boy, 4, left in hot car dies A woman has been charged with criminal negligence causing death after a 4-year-old boy was left in a hot car in Etobicoke on Thursday. Toronto police confirmed early Friday morning that the woman had been charged, but didn’t give any details on her relationship to the child. The boy had been left in a car for around four hours near 299 Mill Rd., on a day with a daytime high of 26 C. © Fatima Syed Toronto police taped off a building parking lot to investigate the death of an infant that was found in a car during a late-summer heat wave on Thursday afternoon.

An elderly couple has died after their Etobicoke home was found to have a high level of carbon monoxide . A running vehicle engine can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Large exposure to it can cause loss of consciousness and death .

An elderly couple has been pronounced dead after suffering what is believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning at an Etobicoke home , Toronto paramedics say. Michael Westwood told CBC Toronto a high level of carbon monoxide was found at the home .

The man and woman were found in the garage of an Etobicoke home where there was a high level of carbon monoxde. © Provided by Toronto Star The man and woman were found in the garage of an Etobicoke home where there was a high level of carbon monoxde.

An elderly couple has died after their Etobicoke home was found to have a high level of carbon monoxide.

Toronto Fire Services said at 9:26 p.m. at a house on Bywood Dr. and Remington Dr. near Kipling Ave., the man and woman were found in the garage and CPR was performed on scene. They are both in their 80s.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas that is common in household appliances such as heating systems and some cooking appliances. A running vehicle engine can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Large exposure to it can cause loss of consciousness and death.

Toronto police said it is too early in the investigation to consider the incident as suspicious or not.

Toronto Fire Services said the carbon monoxide will not affect any of the surrounding homes.

Toronto teen identified in Etobicoke shooting death .
Toronto police have identified a 16-year-old boy as the victim of a fatal shooting Sunday night in the parking lot of an Etobicoke elementary school.Zakariye Ali, of Toronto, is the city’s 49th homicide victim of 2017. The teen was found lying in the parking lot of Kingsview Village Junior School at around 11:40 p.m. He was taken to hospital, where he later died. Two other males, aged 18 and 19, also suffered gunshot wounds, police said in a news release Tuesday. They were found just south of the school on Wincott Dr., and were taken to hospital with less severe injuries. Councillor Michael Ford, who represents the ward, condemned the shooting in a statement issued Monday.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!