Canada Three people found dead in Nanaimo house fire

06:47  11 october  2017
06:47  11 october  2017 Source:   Vancouver Sun

Elderly couple dead after high levels of carbon monoxide found in Etobicoke home

  Elderly couple dead after high levels of carbon monoxide found in Etobicoke home An elderly couple has died after their Etobicoke home was found to have a high level of carbon monoxide. Toronto Fire Services said at 9:26 p.m. at a house on Bywood Dr. and Remington Dr. near Kipling Ave., the man and woman were found in the garage and CPR was performed on scene. They are both in their 80s.

Three people were found dead after a house fire in Nanaimo this afternoon. A neighbour called the Nanaimo fire department about noon Tuesday to report that an older home in the 700 block of Nicol Street was engulfed in flames.

Three people were found dead after a house fire in Nanaimo this afternoon. A neighbour called the Nanaimo fire department about noon Tuesday to report that an older home in the 700 block of Nicol Street was engulfed in flames.

091817-no_object-226540832-9999_stk_police_cruise_0225-W.jpg: The B.C. Coroners Service is investigating the deaths of three people after a fire in Nanaimo. © John Kenney The B.C. Coroners Service is investigating the deaths of three people after a fire in Nanaimo.

Three people were found dead after a house fire in Nanaimo this afternoon.

A neighbour called the Nanaimo fire department about noon Tuesday to report that an older home in the 700 block of Nicol Street was engulfed in flames.

Despite the heavy flames, firefighters were able to enter the home for an offensive attack, said Nanaimo Fire Chief Karen Fry.

The fire was extinguished and firefighters found the bodies of three people inside.

Fry was unable to give their ages.

“It’s tragic,” she said. “It’s traumatic and it plays on the mind and well-being of our firefighters and all responders, including the police.”

Elderly couple dead after high levels of carbon monoxide found in Etobicoke home

  Elderly couple dead after high levels of carbon monoxide found in Etobicoke home An elderly couple has died after their Etobicoke home was found to have a high level of carbon monoxide. Toronto Fire Services said at 9:26 p.m. at a house on Bywood Dr. and Remington Dr. near Kipling Ave., the man and woman were found in the garage and CPR was performed on scene. They are both in their 80s.Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas that is common in household appliances such as heating systems and some cooking appliances. A running vehicle engine can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Large exposure to it can cause loss of consciousness and death.

Three people found dead in Nanaimo house fire . RCMP say fire crews were called to the home around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Andy Watson, a spokesman with the BC Coroners Service, says they have very little information to share about the deaths .

Three people were found dead after firefighters responded to a house fire about 5:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 30, 2016, at a home in the 1300 block of Richelieu in northwest Houston. (Patric Schneider).

The house is set back from the road and secluded from neighbouring properties so it’s unclear how long the fire had been burning before someone called 911, Fry said.

The B.C. Coroners Service and Nanaimo fire department are assisting with the investigation.

Fry said it’s too early to say where in the home the fire started and what caused it.

The home sustained heavy damage, but is still structurally sound, Fry said. A fire inspector will be carrying out an investigation on Wednesday, she said.

kderosa@timescolonist.com

Boy, 4, dies in Eastern Townships house fire .
The other occupants of the house — his mother and younger brother — managed to escape the house.A 4-year-old boy died in a fire that destroyed a residence in Dunham, in the Eastern Townships, early Saturday.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!