Canada Bruce McArthur to make court appearance

12:10  14 february  2018
12:10  14 february  2018 Source:   MSN

Police recover remains of six people in Bruce McArthur investigation

  Police recover remains of six people in Bruce McArthur investigation Police recover remains of six people in Bruce McArthur investigationDet. Sgt. Hank Idsinga says more charges are expected against McArthur, who is currently charged with first-degree murder in the presumed deaths of five men.

The man facing murder charges in the cases of two men who disappeared from downtown Toronto last year has made his first court appearance . A court sketch of Bruce McArthur during his first court appearance over two first-degree murder charges.

B. Bruce McArthur , 66, is charged in connection with the presumed deaths of Andrew Kinsman, Selim Esen, 19 Jan 2018 Bruce McArthur , 66, made his first court appearance this morning, facing charges of first-degree murder in relation to the two missing men from The Village.

a man smiling for the camera© Provided by thecanadianpress.com

TORONTO - Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur will appear in a Toronto court by video this morning.

McArthur is facing five first-degree murder charges related to the disappearances of men who are all believed to have had ties to the LGBTQ community.

Investigators have said they expect to lay more charges against the 66-year-old in the coming days.

Police say they've recovered the dismembered remains of six individuals from large planters at a Toronto home where McArthur rented storage space and worked as a landscaper.

Toronto police have so far only identified one of the sets of remains — those of Andrew Kinsman.

Bruce McArthur remanded in custody after court appearance Wednesday

  Bruce McArthur remanded in custody after court appearance Wednesday Bruce McArthur remanded in custody after court appearance WednesdayWearing an orange jumpsuit, McArthur stated his name clearly and stared blankly into the video camera broadcasting his image in a crowded downtown courtroom.

Bruce McArthur , the 66-year-old man charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of Selim Esen and Andrew Kinsman in Toronto’s gay village last year, made a brief court appearance Friday morning.

G. Bruce McArthur , 66, is charged in connection with the presumed deaths of Andrew Kinsman, Selim Esen, 19 Jan 2018 Bruce McArthur , 66, made his first court appearance this morning, facing charges of first-degree murder in relation to the two missing men from The Village.

On Tuesday, police wrapped up the excavation of the property where the remains were found and announced that they had not found any more.

Last month, McArthur was charged with 49-year-old Kinsman's death, as well as the presumed death of 44-year-old Selim Esen. Both men went missing from Toronto's gay village in 2017.

Police laid three more first-degree murder charges against McArthur about two weeks later, related to the disappearances of Majeed Kayhan, 58, and Soroush Mahmudi, 50, as well as the death of Dean Lisowick, either 43 or 44, who had never been reported missing.

Det.-Sgt. Hank Idsinga said Tuesday that the investigation will concentrate on evidence gathered so far before focusing on the 30 other properties identified as places of interest.

Toronto police to dig up drainpipe on property where accused serial killer Bruce McArthur worked .
Toronto police say they plan to dig up the main drainpipe in front of a property where alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur worked and stored landscaping equipment. The digging for potential evidence is expected to take place on Tuesday afternoon. The pipe is near a residence on Mallory Crescent, near Bayview and Moores avenues, in Leaside.Police have found the remains of at least six people in planters on the property."It's our final step at the property for now. Checking the drains for any evidence is fairly standard," Det.-Sgt. Hank Idsinga, the lead investigator in the case, said in an email on Tuesday.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!