The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

Canada Men forced girls into SUV and confined them during attempted robbery: judge

08:05  10 march  2018
08:05  10 march  2018 Source:   thestarphoenix.com

Spice Girls Were 'Thrilled' With Royal Wedding Performance Invite

  Spice Girls Were 'Thrilled' With Royal Wedding Performance Invite Say you’ll be there, Spice Girls. We may have just inched one step closer to seeing the Spice Girls perform at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal wedding. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Wedding: Everything We Know So Far A source exclusively tells Us Weekly that the Spice Girls “haven’t agreed to perform at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding,” but don’t let that minor detail get you down. “Prince Harry has always been a huge fan of the band,” the source continues, “and the ladies were thrilled to be asked. There are active talks between the Spice Girls management and Prince Harry’s staff.”© Provided by American Media Inc.

MISSION — A Mission man used deadly force when he shot one man and fired at two others after they allegedly broke into his home in an attempted robbery one night recently. Levi Antoine II, 18, of Mission

Suspects toss cash from a sport utility vehicle during a pursuit that began after a bank robbery in the Santa Clarita area A crowd of people gathered around the SUV after it was forced to stop because of traffic. The alleged robbers asked her son to get them into the bank vault, the caller said.

111615-STOCK_BUILDING_ART0008.JPG-Saskatoon_court_of_Queen-s_Bench-W.jpg: Saskatoon Court of Queen's bench© Greg Pender Saskatoon Court of Queen's bench

A Queen’s Bench judge has convicted three men of confining two girls in an SUV and trying to rob them as they drove around the city.

Justice Ronald Mills found Robert Caissie, Gary Cote and Christopher Cathcart guilty of two counts each of unlawful confinement and two counts each of attempted robbery on Friday, following a trial in Saskatoon last month.

Mills said he believed the teen girls’ testimony that they were hit and repeatedly told to hand over money they didn’t have after a man made them get inside an SUV in which they had been passengers earlier on the night of September 4, 2016.

Mel B Alleges Ex-Husband Showed Their Children ISIS Beheading Videos

  Mel B Alleges Ex-Husband Showed Their Children ISIS Beheading Videos Mel B Alleges Ex-Husband Showed Their Children ISIS Beheading VideosAccording to court documents obtained by The Blast, the former Spice Girl, 42, alleges that Belafonte, also 42, traumatized her children by forcing them to watch gruesome videos of actual beheadings.

He admitted they had previously planned and attempted the robbery but they aborted the plan “planned the robbery for a week” “individual was shot during the attempted robbery , and this was Man accused in fatal shooting after his SUV was “blocked in” near 12th and Locust pleads not guilty.

— The first time Nigel Sykes tried to get money from the Seasons Pizza restaurant, he did it with a gun, forcing his way into the business through the back door. A Superior Court judge then sentenced him in April 2012 to 15 years for robbery , attempted robbery and three weapons counts.

The victims said a man made them remove their bras to ensure they weren’t hiding anything.

One girl said she feared for her life when a man she later learned was Caissie allegedly told her, “I don’t think you’ll be awake by tomorrow.”

Cathcart was driving, according to the girls’ testimony. However, they differed on whether Caissie or Cote was the main aggressor.

Caissie’s lawyer, Erin Little, and Cote and Cathcart, who were self-represented, argued there were too many contradictions between the girls’ stories. Little suggested they lied to avoid getting in trouble for being out late.

There was no collusion or fabrication, Mills ruled. He said any inconsistencies between the stories would be understandable considering the frightening situation.

Millard's next trial will be judge alone

  Millard's next trial will be judge alone Twice convicted killer Dellen Millard will be tried by a judge alone for the alleged murder of his father, as Ontario's attorney general agreed that the man's previous high-profile trials would make it difficult to find fair jurors. Millard is serving two life sentences for murdering a former lover and a Hamilton man and burning both bodies in an animal incinerator.The 32-year-old is awaiting trial for the alleged murder of his father, Wayne Millard, whose death in 2012 was initially ruled a suicide. Given the extensive media coverage of his previous convictions, Millard had requested a judge-alone trial, which was granted.

David Copperfield in court after man injured during magic trick. Robbery Surveillance Video. Police are searching for a man suspected of robbing two Las Vegas clothing stores in one week. District Judge Jennifer Togliatti pointed to an "astronomical probability of conviction" and raised Melton's bail

In March 2016, we reported on the story of Min Kim, the Spanaway, Washington convenience store owner who was arrested after he shot and killed a suspected robber just weeks after his wife had been shot in the stomach during an attempted armed robbery in their family-owned store.

The girls testified Cathcart picked them up to go “cruising” and stopped at a house party. When the girls left the house, two strange men were outside Cathcart’s SUV, yelling at them to get in and accusing them of taking money.

Police stopped the vehicle later that night. Cruiser surveillance video showed Caissie and Cote emerge from the back seats, where the girls said the men were roughing them up.

Mills found Cathcart was the driver and continued to drive around as “part of the overall scheme” to keep the girls confined.

Sentencing is scheduled in May.

bmcadam@postmedia.com

twitter.com/breezybremc

Investigation launched after man dies in attempted arrest in Surrey .
Investigation launched after man dies in attempted arrest in Surrey The Independent Investigations Office says Surrey RCMP received calls about a "distraught" man who was standing in the intersection of 10th Avenue and 161A Street in South Surrey and screaming at around 1:30 p.m. PT Monday.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!