The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

Canada Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur to appear by video in a Toronto court

14:51  14 march  2018
14:51  14 march  2018 Source:   cbc.ca

Police launch internal probe related to McArthur

  Police launch internal probe related to McArthur Toronto police say "concerning" information uncovered in the course of their probe into alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur has prompted the force to launch an internal investigation. Police spokesman Meaghan Gray says the force's professional standards unit is conducting the internal investigation, but wouldn't provide further details.Two sources with knowledge of the case have told The Canadian Press that the information that triggered the probe is related to a police interview with McArthur years ago for an unrelated incident.

Vigil held in Gay Village before alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur appears by video in court . Construction workers and police were seen digging up pipes in front of a Toronto home connected to McArthur earlier this week.

TORONTO -- Accused serial killer Bruce McArthur appeared briefly via video in a Toronto court Wednesday before his case was put over to next month. Last week, Toronto police took the unusual step of releasing a photograph of a dead man they said was another alleged victim of McArthur 's

Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur appears in court via video on Wednesday, Feb. 28. © Pam Davies/CBC Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur appears in court via video on Wednesday, Feb. 28.

Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur is expected to appear in a Toronto court today via video.

The 66-year-old self-employed landscaper is charged with the first-degree murder of six men who had ties to the city's LGBTQ community.

Police have recovered the remains of seven people from planter pots found at a home in midtown Toronto where McArthur worked and stored equipment.

Prosecutor Michael Cantlon told court at McArthur's last appearance in late February that the Crown would be turning over more evidence today.

Last week, Toronto police took the unusual step of releasing a photograph of a dead man they said was a victim of McArthur's, saying they needed the public's help to identify him.

Investigators have been combing through dozens of tips that have come in since then, but the lead detective has said it will take weeks to work through them all.

Attorney general urged to launch public inquiry immediately into Bruce McArthur investigation .
Attorney general urged to launch public inquiry immediately into Bruce McArthur investigation“The time for that inquiry is now,” said Douglas Elliott, a civil litigation lawyer with Toronto law firm Cambridge LLP, at a press conference held at the 519 Community Centre on Thursday morning.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!