Canada Quebec mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette trawled Trump's Twitter feed

18:53  16 april  2018
18:53  16 april  2018 Source:   The Gazette

Alexandre Bissonnette watched videos of mass murders before Quebec City mosque attack, court learns

  Alexandre Bissonnette watched videos of mass murders before Quebec City mosque attack, court learns Alexandre Bissonnette watched videos of mass murders before Quebec City mosque attack, court learns Alexandre Bissonnette also entered online search terms for mass murderer Dylann Roof 201 times between Jan. 1, 2017 and Jan. 29, 2017 — the day of the attack.

Alleged Quebec City mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette formally entered not-guilty plea on six murder, five attempted murder charges this morning at the court house. Trump threatens Syria strike, suggests Russia shares blame.

Mohammed Yangui, the Quebec City mosque president, tells me the morgue has informed him five dead in their custody. Alexandre Bissonnette Facebook, Twitter , Linkedin. He also like the Feminist Movement of Laval University. He also liked Donald Trump on Facebook.

QUEBEC — Evidence from Alexandre Bissonnette’s computer presented in court Monday indicates the Quebec mosque shooter was obsessed with U.S. President Donald Trump, Muslims, Dylann Roof, mass shootings and feminists.

Bissonnette was checking Trump’s Twitter feed and reading news about Trump on a daily basis, according to evidence presented at his sentencing hearing in Quebec City.

Also on Bissonnette’s laptop was a selfie of Bissonnette wearing a Trump hat, prosecutor Thomas Jacques told the court.

A 45-page report detailing the contents of his computer was presented by the prosecution on Monday, the fourth day of Bissonnette’s sentencing hearing.

Quebec City mosque shooter seeks right to parole after 25 years

  Quebec City mosque shooter seeks right to parole after 25 years Quebec City mosque shooter seeks right to parole after 25 yearsThe 28-year-old  pleaded guilty on March 28  to the first-degree murders of six men after going on a shooting rampage on Jan. 29, 2017, inside a Quebec City mosque. He also pleaded guilty to six counts of attempted murder.

Share on Twitter . WATCH: Five charges of attempted murder and six counts of first degree murder have been laid by the prosecutor against alleged Quebec City mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette .

Alleged Quebec City mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette was a political science student with a reputation for penning right-wing online posts. Newsbreaker. Subscribe. RSS Feeds . The lone suspect in the Quebec City mosque shooting appeared to enjoy playing chess, birding and listening

Bissonnette, 28, killed six men on Jan. 29, 2017 when he went on a shooting rampage in a Quebec City mosque. He pleaded guilty last month to six counts of first-degree murder and six of attempted murder.

Last week, for the first time, the court heard a motive for the attack from Bissonnette.

In a video recording of Bissonnette’s three-hour interrogation shown at the sentencing hearing on Friday, he told police the decision by the Canadian government to accept more refugees spurred his decision to shoot people at the Quebec City mosque.

A day before the Jan. 29, 2017 attack, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had tweeted: “To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada”

Quebec mosque shooting: Judge refuses to release security camera videos

  Quebec mosque shooting: Judge refuses to release security camera videos A judge has turned down a request to broadcast footage from the Quebec City mosque from the night Alexandre Bissonnette killed six people there. Judge François Huot announced his decision Wednesday.A consortium of seven media outlets, including the Montreal Gazette, had requested permission to broadcast the videos.Huot is presiding over the trial of Alexandre Bissonnette, who last month admitted he walked into the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec on Jan. 29, 2017, and killed six Muslim men as evening prayers were ending.

Alexandre Bissonnette , the suspect in a mass shooting at a mosque , arrives at the court house in Quebec City on Feb. 21, 2017. A Canadian Muslim group says the decision not to charge the suspect in the Quebec City mosque shooting with terrorism highlights a double standard.

The suspected shooter who carried out a massacre of Muslims praying at a mosque in Quebec On his personal Facebook page, Bissonnette liked the pages of both Trump and Le Pen. You can follow Ben on Twitter at @BenjaminNorton, and his personal website is BenNorton.com.

That tweet was in response to Trump’s decision on Jan. 27, 2017, to impose travel restrictions on people from seven Muslim-majority countries.

“The same themes come up repeatedly (in Bissonnette’s computer): firearms, mass shootings, the question of Islam and feminism, and the mosque” where the attack occurred, prosecutor Thomas Jacques said Monday.

Bissonnette had images of the interior and exterior of the mosque on his computer. He had also repeatedly checked the Facebook page of the mosque and its website in the month before the attack.

He researched statistics showing the percentage of people from various religions in countries around the world, and the number of immigrants in those countries.

He also consulted repeatedly Facebook pages of feminist and Muslim groups at Université Laval, where he had been a student until a few weeks earlier.

On the day of the attack, Bissonnette watched a YouTube video about Glock handguns, the type of firearm he used in the attack.

Alexandre Bissonnette ‘regrets’ not shooting more people in Quebec mosque attack

  Alexandre Bissonnette ‘regrets’ not shooting more people in Quebec mosque attack Alexandre Bissonnette ‘regrets’ not shooting more people in Quebec mosque attackKiller Alexandre Bissonnette told a prison social worker he regrets not killing more people on the night of the deadly Quebec City mosque shooting.

The police declined to give details of the shooters identities or motives. Quebec mosque terror suspect Alexandre Bissonnette was 'loner with far-right beliefs'. He reportedly attacked refugees online and expressed support for Marine Le Pen and Donald Trump .

Who is Alexandre Bissonnette , the suspect at the centre of the Quebec shooting attack? Quebec City mosque shooting suspect to go straight to trial, Crown says. Facebook. Twitter .

The contents of the computer reveal that in the days before the attack Bissonnette was almost daily watching videos and reading about Dylann Roof, who murdered nine black churchgoers in a South Carolina church in 2015.

He also spent time online researching Marc Lépine, the man responsible for the massacre at Montreal’s École Polytechnique that left 14 women dead in 1989; and the mass shooting at Columbine High School in Colorado in which two teens killed 13 people in 1999.

The maximum sentence Bissonnette could face is 150 years — consecutive 25-year sentences for each of the six first-degree murder convictions. Bissonnette’s lawyer has said he will recommend a sentence of 25 years.

ariga@postmedia.com

twitter.com/andyriga

Quebec mosque shooting: 'Your father was a hero,' judge tells daughter of man who tried to stop attack .
Fighting back tears, Azzeddine Soufiane’s 14-year-old daughter spoke at sentencing hearing for killer Alexandre Bissonnette as other people in the courtroom weptQUEBEC — Jan. 29, 2017, was a normal day at the Soufiane household in Quebec City.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!