Canada Former Yorkton doctor found guilty of sexual assaulting 4 patients

17:07  16 may  2018
17:07  16 may  2018 Source:   cbc.ca

Bill Cosby stripped of top comedy awards

  Bill Cosby stripped of top comedy awards Bill Cosby stripped of top comedy awards The Cosby Show star has already lost honours handed to him from Temple and Yale universities, and last week (ends04May18) his name was removed from a list of Television Hall of Fame inductees and he was expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences - and now his Kennedy Center Honor and Mark Twain Award have been taken away.

Former Casper doctor pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges. Criminal case against former Casper doctor accused of sexually assaulting patients moves forward. Judge rejects former Casper doctor 's request for new trial in sex assault case; doctor pleads guilty to drug charge.

A doctor who worked as a GP in Dudley has been convicted of sexually assaulting a number of Police were called to investigate after a woman complained of sexual assault in May 2015, after The jury found Rathore guilty of ten assaults on four patients , but not guilty of eight assaults on a

a close up of a device: The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan had been in contact with RCMP about Haque over the years. He gave up his doctor's licence in 2013.© Carl Court/Getty Images The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan had been in contact with RCMP about Haque over the years. He gave up his doctor's licence in 2013.

A former doctor who practised as a gynecologist in Yorkton, Sask., has been found guilty of sexually assaulting four of his patients.

RCMP said their investigation into Mohammed Haque, now 74, began in 2001 when a woman came forward with a complaint alleging sexual assault.

A staff sargeant told CBC in 2016 that 12 women approached officials with similar complaints.

Haque appeared in court on Tuesday at Yorkton Court of Queen's Bench.

Man accused of sexually assaulting teen after luring her with online babysitting ad

  Man accused of sexually assaulting teen after luring her with online babysitting ad Police in Longueuil are looking for more potential victims after they arrested a man accused of assaulting a 14-year-old girl who responded to a Facebook ad he posted for a babysitter. The incident happened on May 3 after the man, using a fake Facebook account with the pseudonym Mark Lambert, placed an ad for a babysitter on the social media site offering a significant amount of money, said Cmdr. Jean-Pierre Voutsinos of the Longueuil police.

Dr Amirul Haque, 33, was found not guilty of five separate charges by a jury. A doctor has been cleared of sexually assaulting five female patients he had been accused of Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, 76, undergoes emergency surgery after suffering a brain

Dr . Tory Westbrook is accused of sexually assaulting female patients from 2010 to January of 2012. A Connecticut doctor and surgeon has been found guilty of sexual assault .

The charges stemmed from incidents alleged to have happened between 2001 and 2008 at the medical facility where Haque worked in Yorkton.

One woman said she performed surgery on her without her informed consent. She said suffered painful side effects as a result.

Another woman accused Haque of making sexualized comments. She said he also touched her breasts and genital area "other than for the purpose of an appropriate examination."

Haque had a history of complaints with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan.

In 2013, the College investigated Haque and charged him on six counts of unbecoming, improper, unprofessional, or discreditable conduct.

The matter was resolved when he agreed to give up his licence and to not practise medicine in the future.

Haque is scheduled to appear back in court for sentencing on June 22.

Former teacher pleads not guilty in decades-old sexual assault case .
Police laid the charge in March against John Merrimen, 73, of Seabright, N.S. Police told CBC the charge related to an incident that occurred approximately 40 years ago, relating to a 13-year-old girl who was known to the accused. Police laid the charge in March against John Merrimen, 73, of Seabright, N.S.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!