Canada Burnaby shooting may be linked to 2016 double homicide, kidnapping, say RCMP

21:10  12 july  2018
21:10  12 july  2018 Source:   cbc.ca

Police identify 16-year-old suspect wanted for brazen Queen and Peter double homicide

  Police identify 16-year-old suspect wanted for brazen Queen and Peter double homicide Toronto police have released the name of a teenager who is wanted in connection with the Entertainment District shooting that left two men dead.He is Keyshawn Jones, 16, of Toronto.

(IHIT). Two teenagers were killed in a targeted shooting Monday night in Surrey, homicide Police also found two burned-out cars that may have been linked to the killings. Earlier at 9:46 p.m., the Surrey RCMP was alerted to a burning vehicle in the area of 184 Street and 29A Avenue, said Jang.

The shooting death of a pregnant woman in Toronto's Rexdale neighbourhood Sunday night may have links to a gang war sparked by an armed standoff and a kidnapping at a Bobb is Toronto's 29th homicide of the year, nearly double the number of homicides by this time last year, which totaled 15.

a car parked in front of a house: Officers said the Wednesday-morning shooting was 'an isolated incident' and there is no sign the public is at risk. © Jon Hernandez/CBC Officers said the Wednesday-morning shooting was 'an isolated incident' and there is no sign the public is at risk.

Burnaby RCMP have confirmed they are investigating whether a shooting in a quiet  Burnaby neighbourhood is linked to a 2016 double homicide and kidnapping case.

O fficers responded to reports of a shooting in the 5200 block of Smith Avenue just before 4 a.m. PT Wednesday.

No one was injured but a home was hit by bullets, police said.

Officers called the shooting "an isolated incident" and said there is no sign the public is at risk.

"We take this extremely seriously," Burnaby RCMP Const . Charles Chan said Wednesday. "All of our resources and units have been engaged in this investigation."

One man dead after possible shooting in Oakville

  One man dead after possible shooting in Oakville One man dead after possible shooting in OakvilleOfficers responded to a call around 11:15 p.m. at Rebecca St. between Maurice and Dorval Drs. for a possible shooting, Insp. Derek Davis told reporters at the scene.

Manitoba RCMP say the two men found dead in St-Georges Tuesday morning were victims of a “targeted shooting .” Quick Links . News. 2 men dead in St-Georges double homicide , RCMP say .

Investigators in Burnaby , B.C., say they are now treating 13-year-old Marrisa Shen's death as a homicide , but do not yet have a motive or suspect. But they don't believe Shen's death is linked to any other criminal acts in the region.

a close up of a flower garden in front of a house: New Westminster police conducted a painstaking search for evidence in the neighbourhood where suspects in an East Vancouver double murder were captured in 2016. © Belle Puri/CBC New Westminster police conducted a painstaking search for evidence in the neighbourhood where suspects in an East Vancouver double murder were captured in 2016.

Kidnapping led to 6 arrests

On Thursday,  Burnaby RCMP confirmed they are looking into whether this shooting is related to a two-year-old Vancouver kidnapping investigation that led to the arrest of six men.

At the time, police linked the arrests to a double homicide in which a man and a woman were found dead and an uninjured four-year-old child was found hiding in an East Vancouver home.

Police resume digging at Mallory Cres. home linked to Bruce McArthur .
Toronto police returned Tuesday to a Leaside property linked to alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur, resuming their digging for more human remains. Last week, police launched a second, more extensive investigation at a Mallory Cres. home where McArthur had done some landscaping work, and found more human remains in a ravine behind the property on the first day. More remains were found Thursday, the second day of their search. A post-mortemToronto police returned Tuesday to a Leaside property linked to alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur, resuming their digging for more human remains.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!