Entertainment Bella Thorne Reveals She Was Sexually Abused Until Age 14

09:28  09 january  2018
09:28  09 january  2018 Source:   US Weekly

Bella Thorne remaining strong after detailing sexual abuse

  Bella Thorne remaining strong after detailing sexual abuse Bella Thorne is doing well after revealing she was sexually abused until the age of 14, according to her ex-boyfriend Gregg Sulkin. The 20-year-old actress made the shocking claim over the weekend that she had been abused sexually "from the day [she] can remember" until she was 14, and now her ex-boyfriend and close friend Gregg Sulkin has said she is remaining strong in the wake of her public comments.When asked how she was doing, Gregg told 'Entertainment Tonight': "I spoke to her. She's good. You saw at the Golden Globes this week how important it is for certain messages to be put out into the universe.

BELLA Thorne has revealed she was sexually abused until the age of 14 . The actress took to Instagram to speak about her ordeal in response to the Time's Up movement which saw women wear black to the Golden Globes in solidarity with victims of sexual assault.

BELLA Thorne has revealed she was sexually abused until the age of 14 . The actress took to Instagram to speak about her ordeal in response to the Time’s Up movement which saw women wear black to the Golden Globes in solidarity with victims of sexual assault.

Bella Thorne (pictured) rose to fame on Disney’s Shake It Up with Zendaya from 2010 to 2013.© Richard Shotwell/Invision/A Bella Thorne (pictured) rose to fame on Disney’s Shake It Up with Zendaya from 2010 to 2013. In light of the Time’s Up movement, Bella Thorne is opening up about her past. The Disney alum revealed on Sunday, January 7, that she was sexually abused as a child.

“I was sexually abused and physically growing up from the day I can remember till I was 14..when I finally had the courage to lock my door at night and sit by it. All damn night. Waiting for someone to take advantage of my life again. Over and over I waited for it to stop and finally it did. But some of us aren’t as lucky to get out alive. Please today stand up for every soul Mistreated. #timesup,” Thorne wrote on Sunday via Instagram, referencing to the Time’s Up  movement, which was created by women in Hollywood to fund legal aid for victims of sexual harassment.

Broadway great Ben Vereen accused of sexually assaulting, harassing multiple women during 'Hair' rehearsals and hot tub sessions

  Broadway great Ben Vereen accused of sexually assaulting, harassing multiple women during 'Hair' rehearsals and hot tub sessions Broadway legend Ben Vereen has been accused by multiple women of sexual assault and harassment during the 2015 production of "Hair."Broadway legend Ben Vereen has been accused by multiple women of sexual assault and harassment during the 2015 production of "Hair.

Bella Thorne Reveals She Was Sexually Abused in Her Childhood Until Age 14 . The abuse stopped after she turned 14 years old when she locked and sat by her door, so whoever was assaulting her couldn’t enter.

Bella Thorne opened up about her past sexual abuse on Sunday while voicing her support for the On Sunday, she wrote on Instagram, "I was sexually abused and physically growing up from the day I can remember till I was 14 ..when I finally had the courage to lock my door at night and sit by it.

845598708_Bella-Thorne-zoom© Zack DeZon/Getty Images 845598708_Bella-Thorne-zoom Thorne rose to fame on Disney’s Shake It Up with Zendaya from 2010 to 2013. She made the transition from Disney to more adult roles as Paige on Freeform’s Famous in Love and the 2015 teen movie The Duff. The 20-year-old actress shared the same photo of herself on Twitter with a different caption about her childhood abuse.

“I never knew what was right or wrong growing up..I didn’t know the person sneaking into my bed room at night was a bad person. #timesup,” Thorne tweeted on Sunday.

As previously reported, the Babysitter star briefly addressed her childhood abuse in December via Twitter.

In response to a photo of Thorne dressed in a purple suit with no top, a Twitter user wrote at the time, “What did Disney do to this girl?! I think she was molested?”

Heritage ministry, Theatre Ontario react as Schultz allegations rock arts community

  Heritage ministry, Theatre Ontario react as Schultz allegations rock arts community The Canadian Heritage ministry and Theatre Ontario are among the latest to comment on the state of the industry following a “wave” of abuse allegations, including the latest against Soulpepper Theatre co-founder Albert Schultz. “Following the wave of reports and allegations about harassment in the cultural sector and beyond, we are currently reviewing our existing funding policies to ensure that recipient organizations promote healthy and harassment-free work environments,” said Minister of Canadian Heritage Mélanie Joly in a post to Twitter.In a statement Friday, the Ministry said it’s currently reviewing its funding policies to ensure that “recipient organizations promote healthy and har

Bella Thorne opened up about her past sexual abuse on Sunday while voicing her support for the On Sunday, she wrote on Instagram, "I was sexually abused and physically growing up from the day I can remember till I was 14 ..when I finally had the courage to lock my door at night and sit by it.

Bella Thorne opened up about her past sexual abuse on Sunday while voicing her support for the On Sunday, she wrote on Instagram, "I was sexually abused and physically growing up from the day I can remember till I was 14 ..when I finally had the courage to lock my door at night and sit by it.

“Yeah I was. So it wasn’t Disney,” Thorne fired back, adding in another tweet, “The world can be a sick place sometimes :/.”

I was sexually abused and physically growing up from the day I can remember till I was 14..when I finally had the courage to lock my door at night and sit by it. All damn night. Waiting for someone to take advantage of my life again. Over and over I waited for it to stop and finally it did. But some of us aren't as lucky to get out alive. Please today stand up for every soul Mistreated. #timesup

A post shared by BELLA (@bellathorne) on

Border could be tested anew by Salvadorans .
OTTAWA - The federal government's contingency plans for a new surge of asylum seekers at the border this winter could be put to the test with the pending U.S. decision on the fate of 200,000 Salvadorans. The Trump administration is on the cusp of deciding whether to renew the temporary protected status that's allowed Salvadorans to live in the United States without fear of deportation since 2001. The U.S. has been cancelling the protected status program for nationals from several countries over the last few months, arguing that the temporary intent of the program has been abused.© Provided by thecanadianpress.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!