The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

Money The 1 percent will always control the wealth—and here’s why

06:30  14 may  2018
06:30  14 may  2018 Source:   cnbc.com

Oil prices soar after Trump dumps Iran nuclear deal

  Oil prices soar after Trump dumps Iran nuclear deal Crude oil prices hit 3-1/2-year highs on Wednesday after President Donald Trump pulled the United States out of an international nuclear deal with Iran, while the dollar touched a new high for the year and world stocks held steady. define("homepageFinanceIndices", ["c.deferred"], function () { var quotesInArticleFormCode = "PRMQAP"; var config = {}; config.indexdetailsurl = "/en-ca/money/indexdetails"; config.stockdetailsurl = "/en-ca/money/stockdetails"; config.funddetailsurl = "/en-ca/money/funddetails"; config.etfdetailsurl = "/en-ca/money/etfdetails"; config.

I just finished reading a recent article complaining about the rich. The author was upset at the fact that 1 percent of the people controlled 82 percent of the wealth in the world. In the author’ s mind, there was something inherently unfair about this.

And the top 1 percent will always control most of the wealth until the other 99 percent figure out how the 1 percent go about cultivating wealth . Why volunteer? Most of the boards and committees in local non-profits are run by successful people within the community.

a man wearing a suit and tie© Provided by CNBC I just finished reading a recent article complaining about the rich. The author was upset at the fact that 1 percent of the people controlled 82 percent of the wealth in the world. In the author's mind, there was something inherently unfair about this. The author, like many who are not in the 1 percent , felt that the wealth the 1 percent created didn't necessarily belong to them and offered government solutions to cap or redistribute the wealth of the rich.

It's true, 1 percent of the people do control 82 percent of the wealth. And the top 1 percent will always control most of the wealth until the other 99 percent figure out how the 1 percent go about cultivating wealth.

Walmart’s $16 Billion India Investment Hits Waltons' Fortune

  Walmart’s $16 Billion India Investment Hits Waltons' Fortune <p>Falling shares cut $4.3 billion from the Walton family fortune</p>Walmart Inc., controlled by the Walton family, led a group that bought a 77 percent stake in Flipkart Online Services Pvt. The deal valued the Indian company at about $21 billion.

And the top 1 percent will always control most of the wealth until the other 99 percent figure out how the 1 percent go about cultivating wealth . Why volunteer? Most of the boards and committees in local non-profits are run by successful people within the community. 5 a.m. club.

always control here ' s percent wealth — and will. Here ’ s why automakers won’t want Trump’s plan to freeze fuel efficiency rules. You might also like More from author.

So, how do the 1 percent do it? Yes, many of they are lucky and were born into privilege. But, according to my research, many of them also get or stay rich by practicing certain good habits, like these:

They read to learn every day

Nearly 9 out of 10 of the wealthy in my Rich Habits Study read 30 minutes or more every day to learn. Reading is work. But it's work that is necessary if you want to become rich.

Rich people read because they know that knowledge can be leveraged to gain wealth. The more you know about your field, career or industry, the more valuable you are to those you service or sell to in your field, career or industry.

Deliberate practice

Over two-thirds, or 69 percent, of the rich in my study practiced some specific skill for two or more hours every day. Deliberate practice requires conscious practice as opposed to unconscious practice. Conscious practice is practice in which you study everything you do that goes into the skill you have.

3 studs and 3 duds from a lopsided Jets Game 7 win over Preds

  3 studs and 3 duds from a lopsided Jets Game 7 win over Preds The Winnipeg Jets took control of Game 7 against the Nashville Predators and never looked back, winning 5-1. Here are three players who stepped up in the winner-take-all affair, and three who did not. Studs Connor Hellebuyck

And the top 1 percent will always control most of the wealth until the other 99 percent figure out how the 1 percent go about cultivating wealth . Why volunteer? Most of the boards and committees in local non-profits are run by successful people within the community. 5 a.m. club.

And the top 1 percent will always control most of the wealth until the other 99 percent figure out how the 1 percent go about cultivating wealth . Why volunteer? Most of the boards and committees in local non-profits are run by successful people within the community. 5 a.m. club.

It's about studying the intricate details that enable you to become a virtuoso at what you do.

Pursue long-term goals or a dream

70 percent of the rich in my study pursued some long-term goal or some dream. This is what really drives the disparity between the 1 percent and the other 99 percent . Pursuing big goals or dreams creates the opportunity for good luck to happen. The majority of the 1 percent are beneficiaries of good luck — but good luck they put themselves in a position to receive.

Focus on daily goals

Roughly two-thirds of the rich in my study focused on their daily goals.

Save

Nearly all, or 94 percent, of the rich in my study saved 20 percent or more of their income every year.

Watch your spending

Over two-thirds of the rich in my study were frugal with their money. They spent their money thoughtfully, not emotionally. They bought the highest quality products at the cheapest prices. This habit requires study and patience and delayed gratification.

Canada unexpectedly loses jobs in April as part-time hiring falls

  Canada unexpectedly loses jobs in April as part-time hiring falls Canada unexpectedly loses jobs in April as part-time hiring fallsThe decline of 1,100 jobs was well short of economists' forecasts for an increase of 17,400. The unemployment rate was unchanged at 5.8 percent, as expected. The participation rate edged down to 65.4 percent from 65.5 percent, though the total size of the labor force increased.

In terms of wealth rather than income, the top 1 percent control 40 percent. In a nutshell, this theory associated higher incomes with higher productivity and a greater contribution to society. It is a theory that has always been cherished by the rich.

Someone at the entry point for the top 1 percent would need 29 years to make million, and And on whether our tax system is helping create wealth and jobs or destroying them. That is why the selfish rich always advocates for them. Speculating in the markets does not create jobs, period.

Forge rich relationships

Over two-thirds of the rich in my study forged relationships with other upbeat, success-minded people, many of whom were also part of the 1 percent. These are people who can open doors for you.

Volunteer

Nearly three-quarters of the rich in my study volunteered five hours or more a month. Why volunteer? Most of the boards and committees in local non-profits are run by successful people within the community.

5 a.m. club

Almost half, or 44 percent, of the rich in my study woke up three or more hours before they began their work day to pursue dreams and goals, to read and be productive. Waking up early is important. It allows you to get things done first thing in the day that help move you forward in life.

Be a decision-maker at work

Over 90 percent of the rich in my study were decision-makers where they worked. If you want to control the outcome of your life, you need to be in charge.

Do work you at least like

Nearly 90 percent of the rich in my study liked what they did for a living. When you like what you do, you will devote more time to doing it: more time honing your skills, more time reading to learn everything about your vocation, more time building relationships with other success-minded people within your industry or field, and more time devoted to improving yourself. All of which makes you more valuable.

Crews battling out-of-control wildfire in Westlock County, Alta.

  Crews battling out-of-control wildfire in Westlock County, Alta. Crews battling out-of-control wildfire in Westlock County, Alta.According to Leo Ludwig, the county's chief administrative officer, the fire started Saturday afternoon at about 3:30 p.m. One day later, it was 150 hectares in size — about 1.5 square kilometres — and growing, he said.

The statistic that' s frequently quoted by protestors and the media claims that the richest 1 percent of Americans control a third of the country' s total wealth . Why is the wealth disparity so pronounced?

The 1 perfect will always control the wealth — and here ’ s why . I just finished reading a recent article complaining about the rich. The author was upset at the fact that 1 percent of the people controlled 82 percent of the wealth in the world.

Everyone wants to be on the summit but few are willing to hike and sweat to get there. The 1 percent control 82 percent of the wealth largely because they're the ones willing to climb the mountain.

If you want to be one of the 1 percent, you need to start climbing, too.

Tom Corley is an accountant, financial planner and author of "Rich Kids: How to Raise Our Children to Be Happy and Successful in Life."

Like this story? Like CNBC Make It on Facebook!

Don't miss: The 5 smartest things to do with your money in your 30s

A version of this article originally appeared on Rich Habits.

Survey says the next recession could begin in 2020 .
Mark your calendar. The next U.S. recession will begin in 2020, a survey says. More than half of the 105 real estate experts and economists in the quarterly survey by housing data provider Zillow and research firm Pulsenomics point to “monetary policy as the likeliest cause.”Fed officials have signaled at least three rate increases this year. A year ago, a geopolitical crisis was seen as the most likely cause of the next recession by survey panelists.In the meantime, the housing market is expected to see stronger price appreciation than forecast a year ago, with home values rising 5.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!