Sports Report: Martinez willing to hold out into spring training for deal

17:30  11 january  2018
17:30  11 january  2018 Source:   theScore

Jays avoid arbitration with Donaldson

  Jays avoid arbitration with Donaldson Third baseman Josh Donaldson and the Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a US$23 million, one-year contact, the largest one-year deal for an arbitration-eligible player. The new deal gives the 2015 AL MVP a $6 million raise.The 32-year-old three-time all-star, who was eligible for arbitration, becomes the highest paid player on the Jays.Donaldson rebounded from an injury-slowed 2016 to hit .270 last season with 33 homers and 78 runs batted in over 113 games. The sure-handed infielder missed time from April 14 through May 25 with a calf injury, which also hampered him during spring training.Donaldson was coming off a $28.

Lou Williams erupts for career-high 50 points. JaMychal Green breaks out for 20 & 14. People close to free agent slugger J.D. Martinez believe he is willing to " hold out certainly into spring training ," per Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports.

But Martinez and agent Scott Boras haven’t seen any offers they like yet, and according to FanRag Sports’ Jon Heyman, Martinez is willing to wait — even into spring training The Boston Red Sox offered Martinez a five-year deal , and there’s another contract offer on the table, sources told Heyman.

Free-agent slugger J.D. Martinez isn't in any rush to get a deal done, and the 30-year-old is even willing to "hold out" into spring training, at least, for what he believes to be fair market value, acquaintances of his told Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports.

Martinez, who has reportedly received a five-year offer from the Boston Red Sox and, sources suggest, at least one other offer, was thought at the outset of the offseason to be seeking a contract in the $200-million range. Two months later, with spring training rapidly approaching, Martinez's asking price hasn't dipped much, as the one-time All-Star is reportedly still seeking a six-year deal worth at least $180 million.

MLB Rumour Roundup: Royals consider former Blue Jays infielder Goins

  MLB Rumour Roundup: Royals consider former Blue Jays infielder Goins The Kansas City Royals are considering free agent Ryan Goins, reports Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports. The infielder was not tendered a contact by the Toronto Blue Jays ahead of the Dec. 1 deadline for arbitration-eligible players. Goins, a strong defensive player who’s struggled to hit consistently in the majors, became a redundant piece on Toronto’s roster following the acquisition of infielder Aledmys Diaz from the St. Louis Cardinals. General manager Ross Atkins said at the time that the club still had some level of interest in Goins. The 29-year-old batted .237/.286/.

Access is denied. Dan Carter close to signing lucrative deal with Japanese club - report | 1

blog 'kellysuire.blogdetik.com' is not exists. Warrior & Nation Builders Training For Lifes Journey: The

a man holding a baseball bat© Christian Petersen / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Though no team has confirmed making an offer, it is believed that interested clubs have proffered contracts in the range of $120 million to $150 million. In addition to the Red Sox, the Arizona Diamondbacks - who acquired Martinez from Detroit in July for the stretch run - are reportedly keen to bring the right fielder back, while the Toronto Blue Jays have been showing interest in Martinez, too.

Last year, despite appearing in only 119 games due a foot sprain that sidelined him for the first six weeks of the season, Martinez set a career high with 45 homers while hitting .303/.376/.690 (166 OPS+) between the Tigers and Diamondbacks. Since 2014, only five players (min. 2,000 PA) have managed a higher OPS than Martinez (.936), who has averaged 3.7 WAR, 32 homers, 31 doubles, and 130 games per season over that span.

Copyright © 2018 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Report: Bryant sets 1st-year arbitration record with $10.85M deal .
Kris Bryant appears to have set a record for first-year arbitration-eligible players, agreeing to a one-year, $10.85-million deal with the Chicago Cubs, reports Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago-Sun Times. The 26-year-old, who won the National League MVP award in 2016, broke the previous record set by Ryan Howard in 2008 when he earned $10 million with the Philadelphia Phillies through arbitration.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!