Sports John McEnroe says Trump offered him $1 million to play Serena Williams

07:06  10 may  2018
07:06  10 may  2018 Source:   yardbarker.com

Donald Trump talked with Belichick about Brady’s status

  Donald Trump talked with Belichick about Brady’s status Count Donald Trump among the crowd curious about Tom Brady’s status. The president was on the phone with Bill Belichick last week to talk about Brady, the New York Times reports. The nugget of information was published by The Times in an article on Tuesday about chief of staff John F. Kelly’s tough relationship with the president. From the article: Mr. Kelly, for his part, is sanguine about how little control he has over how the president chooses to spend his time. At a breakfast event last week for Senator Tom Cotton, Republican of Arkansas, Mr. Kelly marveled that Mr. Trump had spent a long time the day before on the phone with Bill Belichick, the New England Patriots coach, talking about the status of Tom Brady, the star quarterback, according to two people familiar with his remarks, one of whom was present. After an offseason of questions about how committed Brady was to the Patriots for 2018, the quarterback’s agent said early last week that Brady would play in 2018 and beyond. Then on Monday, Brady confirmed he will play next season and plans to play into his 40s. Whether Trump had any role in those announcements being made — and you know he’ll claim credit — you can’t blame him for trying to get the inside scoop on one of the biggest stories of the offseason.

John McEnroe shares the story of Donald Trump ’s $ 1 million offer to compete against Serena or Venus Williams , plus his thoughts on the hypothetical outcome

“‘Dear John , I want to offer you $ 1 million to play either Serena or Venus.'” McEnroe wasn’t sure why Trump picked him as the guy who could beat one of the Williams sisters, but he turned it down. He said that he never had a desire to play a woman and recreate a Battle of the Sexes match.

  John McEnroe says Trump offered him $1 million to play Serena Williams © Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports

President Donald Trump is a rich man. This is known. Just how much the president is worth remains up for interpretation. But obviously, he has no issues throwing cash into some rather random projects.

Just ask former tennis legend John McEnroe, who recently noted that Trump offered him a cool $1 million to play Serena Williams in what would have been this generation’s version of the Battle of the Sexes.

“I was calling a match and suddenly I get this envelope and it’s from Donald Trump,” McEnroe said on In Depth with Graham Bensinger. “It’s never been something where I was like, I want to go play a woman in a match.”

Mets trade former ace Matt Harvey to Reds C Devin Mesoraco

  Mets trade former ace Matt Harvey to Reds C Devin Mesoraco Matt Harvey is getting another chance, this time with a historically bad team in a city that will have far fewer late-night temptations than the Big Apple. The Mets are getting a catcher who can help at their most unsettled position.The Cincinnati Reds acquired the former New York ace for catcher Devin Mesoraco on Tuesday, shortly before the teams started their game at Great American Ball Park.The deal provided a fresh start for two former All-Stars whose careers have been sidetracked by injuries.

Tennis legend John McEnroe said in a recent TV interview that before Donald Trump became president, he once offered McEnroe $ 1 million to play Serena or Venus Williams in a battle-of-the-sexes match.

John McEnroe says Donald Trump offered him $ 1 ,000,000 to play a tennis match against Serena or Venus Williams but he shot it down. Related Articles. Serena Williams Cuts Price of Bel-Air Home by Million .

Partisan politics aside, this might be one of the best ideas Trump has ever had. Sure it became before he was president, but it’s a dandy.

Known for his outspoken personality during a career that spanned four decades, McEnroe going up against one of the Williams’ sisters would have been all sorts of great.

Alas, it’s not to be. Instead, McEnroe has apparently turned into a stick in the mud. That’s no fun for anyone.

American tennis greats say Canadians could benefit from a 'brotherly rivalry' .
Canadian tennis is on the upswing, and three key men's singles players - Milos Raonic, Denis Shapovalov and Felix Auger-Allissiame - will benefit from a 'healthy rivalry', according to American tennis greats John McEnroe and Jim Courier, who say "players from the same nation can push, inspire, and show each other the way forward." Last week, rising star Denis Shapovalov defeated Raonic in their first-ever meeting, taking a 6-4, 6-4 win in the third-round of the Madrid Open. When next week's rankings come out, the 19-year-old will surpass Raonic as the top-ranked Canadian.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!